The European Neural Network Society (ENNS) will offer at least five student travel awards of 400 Euro (€) each, for students presenting papers at the 24th International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN 2014) conference in Hamburg, Germany. In addition the selected students will be able to register for participating in the conference for free and will become ENNS members for the next year (2015).
Please complete the award application form (below), and send the form together with your paper, a recommendation letter of your supervising faculty, and a proof of your student status to the conference organising committee: ICANN2014 (at) informatik.uni-hamburg.de. Also please help us by combing all files to a single PDF and stating your name and your paper ID in the filename.
The selection of the travel grant candidates will be made by the ENNS board and will be based on the following criteria:
- The paper has been considered positively by at least two reviewers
- Quality of the paper upon reviews is among the five best papers of all travel grant applicants
- Student contribution to the paper is significant, if co-authored
- No more than one grant per laboratory affiliation
The deadline for sending the Travel Grant application is the 16th of April, 2014. We will announce the selected candidates on this page by 30th of April. The certificate and the grant will only be provided in person during the conference.
For the ICANN 2014 the following candidates have been selected for a student travel grant:
- Zuzana Petříčková, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- Qi Wang, University of Maryland, College Park, United States
- Nicolai Waniek, University of Technology, Munich, Germany
- Justin Heinermann, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Germany
- Michele Donini, University of Padova, Italy
We congratulate all winners, but also thank all other applicants for their nice contributions to ICANN 2014.